Saturday, December 25, 2010

B-Sides from my Idol Tryouts

1. Just like in true life

The wild geese approaching treason, now federated along one keep

May we find a rafter


2. I like the way you don't
go into the cabin
that is how I like, methodically, mythicly, my accidents are protests,
are my only protests, they are never accidents

3. We even misprism the past
Turn your waltz on the face of another--
To turn on
To turn against
Opposite statements that also say the same
sometimes like the line 'floodtide beneath you, I see you face-to-face'

4. Check out your mind
Masquerading with dawn
it was invented by the press
press harder (press not push)
the bell, the liquor, if they ask you to sell them, don't
on the corner (side 1) try
'Thinking one thing and doing another'


4. Repeat: But I am
Only getting rich in order to repeat these trips


5. But I am getting rich in order..
so neither group can be understood except in relation to one another
as in/
as out,
as excuses for true stories
'it's just that his passion costumes his thoughts'
not just his past
not just a fat vacation Sunday
also an emaciated smoke break
also broken into images of smoke
the way smoke moves
from tobacco
or factory chimney
your mouth,
in order
to get rich

6. Wealth/I am farmers/I am a thief/
Fame money/ anonymous fame /factory farm/black thief/by black I mean
buy black I mean
we are what sells
thinking to ourselves
'something in me wishes this wasn't my poem'
That emotion is called glory or
still?


7. Compliments.
The only one I want is speechless/
ness


8. Man
You were marvelous
But your co-star, the gun,
was a bit over the top

9. Super soul
Supra soul
Hip hop's egoless self-aggrandizement is the next
toll/phase on the free/way, high/way, autoroute or
space between proof and privacy in loose weather

10. Green sides of gold sides


11. God bless the child that's got his own