Saturday, February 5, 2011

Even as it Swings; Is being Hardened into a Media Thing; or

"My adventures as a social Poet" 

Somebody tells the police/wrists held steep behind the back

Dedicated magic

of memory not prophecy

like Antigone not like antagonizing or automatic rejection of everything 

public 

My model for this convergence is my favorite/friend    (        ) 

Improvising with himself 

but when shame produces silence and silence keeps everything the same 

this is not a crisis 

still writing about race 

and the tyrants of the world

jumping 

from country to country, aroused by an evil I don't believe in good and evil 

and we are not afraid 

since from their very gig 

Marilyn's seraphic giggle 

My happiness builds its fortress 

and will never be traced to hilltops 

But it has not been no where/where some acts of forgetting are acts of love 

but the fingertips can't complete them, acts 

so I imagine the father as a boy 

house fixed on fields as oaths--

eat your oaths, swallows, sallow rowboat-- sailing germ I mean

dream/dreaming/I mean to be during--

Precisely what the body resists is what the body is 

and we could find incidents of this as well as other nations 

collapsing, standing back up and giving the galactic fat lip a chance off screen 

Even as you swing, being slackened into a media thing