Friday, June 1, 2018

Black Romantic Lead

They’re calling me the first black princess  (liars) the wonder royal the mark.   They’re calling me a fugitive an accomplice      an escaped convict actress at the cattle call just wanna play  that one black singer with the hands, the romantic lead. They’re calling   me black like it’s a riddle and my mama blue like she’s   a loose level of sky in the new iambic five rimmed human that   limb that infringement blue lake numb They’re calling me Angela hussy    sustenance intentional in my suffering in my next life in this    life the wealth of it aches having been stolen from love the neck  of it drifts to the left like an eavesdropping yellow dove if I am being watched    If I have a guardian If I am to witness the grinning garden feed me to its carnivores and  madmen They are calling me a savior They are calling me a slave I almost forgot I am that man’s   daughter product of a love so grand it birthed its own object They’re calling me that too a     winner / the black miraculous but I heard winter and tore the netting off in chapel swear ima roll  out the green glass of happy endings and step on it till my souls bleed them singing won’t bleed me       the   many  voices   of blank    boychildren paid    to call me and  hang up and hang    me by sun up and mount me  to the metropolitan wall and    gaze muttering baby  you look  so unfaithful     at the gates        They’re   calling me      a faith a  low down religion       a lazy way be born  inside

a    runaway  a runaway    a runaway a  runaway

               a runway flurried   with her magnetic disappearing