Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Primordial Ingenue

I have these epiphanies   they’re strangling the world    jejune and the lion’s mane mushroom   invents the shame of hanging ice in the sun        an impersonation of the nerve of a lion    an animal that sleeps off its kill like   earth will sleep us off I had this very weird    experience in my garden then, the   sweet obsolete mercenaries we call bees had congregated in the space where a black bear had scratched a tree and they were sucking the rotting  log the soft wood now a fungus gave them enough honey to drip from the neck of this broken birch bloody yet tickled  with the low rain of its own temptation to mend when the rot is our immune system new to ancient beauty trying to   grow a blond and abolition foolish I lash out sometimes and touch madonna’s stolen children with an unplugged hot comb   to make sure we’re breathing like virgins


The bees     when finished  feeding flap   their wings until  their wings are shredded     and collapse into scarabs


I have  this bouquet of their last  hallucinogens it’s chewing    on my cousins kneeling   while they moan