Thursday, October 18, 2018

Promises of Blue Movies

The  corridor was  winged in a   skin of headlights     the r lingering eerie   I stood on the back   of his horse and had  no daddy lethal pattern     and overcoming the black that   dies of a broken heart to be the   girl who departs gleeful full hearted       coded in her own leverage not watching Sharp  Objects not carrying them after midnight through remembered    air spectrum is not a cable company someday and   I caught Ray Charles shaving in a brutal dark on Christmas and asked     him about his wrist clasping habit did it remind him of shackles pulses    pussy didn’t mean it when I said it aloud but I mean it now this  is love this is what love looks like to Maafa this is the soft blot of yellow   doctored out of public satisfaction this is exactly


How   she needs  to be loved          by a blind black man   shaving in total darkness    and also flying over a  streetlamp a lark dandy mandingo      heathen who can sing I mean really   sing

And keeps naming me after   my most delicate bones    can feel my name in my form        

Absolving   all that   killer guilt       

Rescinding   all that   hilltop hilltop   hilltop where the   air skims the skin  like razors and she can   feel him limping in the    damp of field or palming a    rancid sunrise as if there was no   machine touching no debut kissing its blood in a rubber Las Vegas