Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dear Abbey,



I began praying in Paris. I prayed for at least ten years straight. Sometimes in public, when the brothels were full. Once upon a time they owned slaves/nowadays they rent them. I loved those men. It has nothing to do with Africa. Or a harp in the nightclub. We're here to protect property, not lives. Plots, of storyland and rate times time equals distance. Standards. But that was a coincidence of the metaphysical world, also. I can hear you swallow into the microphone when he leaves in the middle of the show. That's part of the song. We did what the music did, it's true. No truces. Locusts and doves,

You were a philosopher
You were a polygamous woman
You had the courage to defend yourself
It's always been like this
So if I had never met
anyone but you,
I would have known which way to go