Monday, March 5, 2012

Simple Wins a Grammy

I want to thank the movies

I know that sounds general, but it's very real to me.

For still being disobedient

For teaching me that the world is controlled by an impossibility

For teaching me to be impossible

For teaching the impossible to disguise itself as protocol, proto-cosmos, slow songs, the god in machine, god imagining himself so well he vanishes. When you look up again he's sitting in a concrete yard lifting weights and the bible is his ash tray, ashes redacting scripture til the phrases are blank and lazy eared, and the time they tell goes by like stray guilt, it's looking for a home or a channel or even a random crime to fold into and all it finds is the picture show music on the side of the bed wrestling with its own cheer for a plot. I couldn't really put my fingers on it, but it was a beat, it was a beat! It's so hard out there for a pimp. It's so fun to be black and impossible