Saturday, February 23, 2013

Notes on the Myth of the Birth of the Hero

Peering out from the transcendent field we enter a field of opposites which we won't enter-- these are two eternities (Hollywood Forever is a section about the two eternities, two black men, or maybe seven black men, who I can love at the same     ego,  Go Find Your Father is a section about the same ego and Focus on Sanity   is the code  of the significance of the forbidden fruit... we get around eachother and we wanna have sex all day, taking breaks to listen to new records, he thinks he's an egoist but he really isn't, same with her/perfect for drummers  

for dreamers
       
      for drummers 
  


)


I wake up thinking about music, true to my own code, true to my code     In the distance   I can see these cops beating him (eternity number 1) on the head  with sticks again. Up-close, America was looking for talented rebels to point the way out of the deadbeat conformity. When he got home, I didn't know if I was gonna get a little beating or get made love to, in his eyes I could still see those cops beating him over the head with sticks.   We turn on a nice beautiful ballad like All the Things and get in bed

   In the divinity of it all I think they have to be forgiven, both eternities, all the blues ideas, uncle sam's cold war cultural army still tripping over its mission today, the very funny religion, the black madonna so righteous in her sin, all of the monstrous devotion, all of him, all of me. And when I say all this, it is full of admiration for this jungle, its rituals of repetition and non-repetition, it is not that I hate it, I love it, I love it very much, but I love it against my better judgment

To enter the transcendent field we started in, were born in, you must assimilate those opposites it gazes at, and then you have to testify as them, one by one, alone. And then suddenly, absent-mindedly even, you have killed the dragon and tasted its blood, and you can be song of nature