Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thirteen ways of being your immortality/2

What you will know of me is the shadow of the arrow that has hit its target. To remake myself and remake you I return to my state of garden and shadow, code and tone, cool reality and that well/lit fantasy that sells as what you think you know of me or all you wish you'd stolen, ship after ship, after-- and the acapella version of Tupac's Black Cotton over James Brown's Big Payback over Amiri's Mass Angel Costume, few people know my whole name, he shouted, from your mouth. Your insolence must be kept in bounds by dignity, but your dignity's gotta be soul, ruthlessly. Isn't history obnoxious compared to our best intentions. Didn't we posse up like we meant business and march right in on the pleasure principal like I place my cheek on the suede of his drum and that's where this speech comes from