Friday, May 3, 2013

Against voyeurism

I was a hostile witness. I watched ghost kill a ghost. It was just after the armistice day ball. His speech started: my attendance at this armistice day ball is made possible by... and trailed off. Have the guts to act worthy of yourself. When I say jesus I mean justice. Cause the golden eagle is your only friend. I mean the golden ego is your only friend. Neither. I mean, you're a benevolent gangster genius and you need to feel brand new in the music. Shout it. I'm glad! I'm glad. (louder) I'm glad you're here but you're gone. As if the music is waiting for its time. When now's always the time. Look up at the lemon hue of irony and detachment patching the third eye of the living sky in a fat pink on black Mint Condition tone. As if the music would spew into that oblivion, a new coherence. On a clear day. Ten arguments against a pale god. Starting with yourself