Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Shook

Like the earth    is    rocking     a   baby    in    the  bosom of   a    cage     and     I’m    hugging  the    vagus   nerve     to    play     crowns           I’ll stay              with      the     frayed    reluctance         of      jade    eggs          perched    on the        bed      gripping      the       break             The   weight     of    another    man   on   top   of    me     crushing    the     ache     into    these     sweet   blooded   lemons       I     can    taste    on      the     edge    of     every     tremored   scream    a   sermon          I swallow        for      spoken     language           or    languish    in      not   so  silent    pleas        I    shall   be        released      Stanley   Turrentine   version      I  overheard      Minty  had    a  bill     of    sale   on      me    I   believed       I     was   really        traffic     that    moving   loss   swimming  in     black  lights           It     was    terrific  ly      sad         hips     gathered    at     the    risk    of   flight         of       floating        off     a     billboard         Ma a    f  a           so       missing            she’s    a  lounge    singer    on     the    strip        Her    sister’s      a     stripper      in     texas        Her    wrists     hint      at       yes     crosses        yes        Ma   a    fa      so    lost         and   pregnant     in    las   vegas            and       from      the       snowy  sheets    confesses        less    sacrifice     than      readiness       I   come to   these    dark   places     to    find    this    medicine