Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Do you think you were given a second chance?

I   slept  in the voice   of Edie Sedgwick  for a day depressed     rich naked taking to leotards    and stilettos stealing oaths from biblical  hoes making every would be elvis groan  like richie havens you’ll be a woman    soon a white woman a nightmare a dream       I was having a nightmare in which I became my mother and    then from out of nowhere she split off into her own double     and bit my hand I woke up


No such thing as   blood in America      


OJ’s hypothetical   confession had pet   the foxes into next night     a knife that bright Charlie   he called leader the mole above   every perfect set of lips at least mine,   these ones right here kissed deserted the    end of history her eyes were like tea cups   his were confucius about to weep in stereo      he laughed into a hose that sad snake nobody knows    nobody knows


I  still have   Abbey Lincoln    the last bloodless  name on the brink of   shaking loose


Did you  tune in?    I’ve lived   a mostly nonviolent  life OJ continued again    a nonviolent existence

And I don’t  know where I’d  be if she’d asked  me to try it the   white shit making slits in   her arms more nylons more   ways to match fabric with flesh        he went on if I did it you saw    the photos the hope of red in     a so blue whole made a family bold     accusatory is it possible for a black man to owe  a white man money even then is Halle Berry still paying  her white ex-husband 13 thousand dollars a month to say once   upon a time it was possible honey in a locket encapsulating the  last wing of the final bee whose battered pollen makes good memories  of the daffodil the infidel the ready teller go on rose strapped  in velcro

Did  you blackout?   I might have  he laughed half  timidly half aggressive as a       back up generator the Juice you   didn’t think I knew about Juice?