Thursday, April 19, 2018

Eurydice, Run

Just like Jesus    I am a time machine     I go away I come back     they won’t let me watch things  die and the spy in the spine     a hearse of sense and rumors a bundle     of all that’s possible in a body tied to  its back with the babble of hypocrites      and dirty rivers if you fall asleep in yellow    and awake in a bed of cotton wool with a star of  nails where your heart should go and the cosmetics of     wartime blood lipping wax in a factory basement attached to a  slab of maple you do not have to love that man to slice his  lips and scream what divination turned into demon by ignoring   you alone can remember and revert to god I give the woven   whisper of a kid to her first brown doll mounted to a branch of     song she sings reasons   that fear     our feelings…. To   the dice   in the tree    she is singing   as the torches come   up throbbing and grinning      a crimson minnow in her last est  lap