Monday, April 9, 2018

Prayer


Let  me be   unethical     let me joke with demons who fear themselves  sanctified let the inflection of dread   be sublimated by the twin keys beside   it thrill and readiness and in the   crook of Monk’s smile let innocence decay and    renew of the oval of value brooding its love       of suffering Let me disrupt you and myself everyday     remaining so playful you can’t stand me and can’t look away     let me see the photo again of Naomi as a man and Naima no  lyrics and dad’s mug shot so guiltless and the sambo molasses blackstrap      had all the nerve of a tan line hailing that taxi as it weaves by in  steepest weather it’s not androgyny she’s channeling in the fedora and studded pinkie    ring white suit on blue it’s more like rebirth the most feminine thing I’ve ever  seen this shrugging gangster a woman returning to herself as her very own king smuggled     back into the spotlight and with such stillness the moment shivers let me be cold let  me be blur let me distress them let me break the story into every secret my eyes can carry        and drive by chariot card falling out of my loose pocket stoic erotic obnoxious let me be ma   a fa backwards and the awe fat lips keeping their song for the private ceremony and the passing of candles   through any storm let me deliver the fatal blow like a baby over kissed at her christening let me spread my gorgeous limbs     and scream