Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Misty, run

With  a closet  full    of   ruthless  tutus      when    the  police    come  to   shut  down  the party   and    inspect   the  house   with  flashlights beaming accusatory    in   a  march   that   feels   so   righteous    it  makes  us   sick   to  our   stomachs       we   have  a   hiding   place.  So  many   bodies  beneath   the   heaping    gauze     and   wounded    with    joy     I’m  never   leaving     the    stage   again      and  I’m  taking     satin    literally       black   feet   have   never   been   so  comfortable   bleeding   and     fearless       authority     has   never     been     so    imaginary    and    jilted       I’m   throwing   us    a   party        I’m    dancing     off      a    ledge    into    the   steady    blue   light   of   my    power   to   imagine   and  then  spin   you     out      of        existence