Sunday, January 20, 2019

Ma's Blasphemy


I    am rabid       and I won’t  eat his ribs        refusal itches because   it is a pest turned inside   out

I  practice  the boss’   monologue while     dragging his softening    body across the earth     with me

I  like    his shadow       company that’s    a lie I like pretending     a repentant evil angel follows

each of   us around        on his knees  and I think of   Thebe I don’t like   shit either I don’t

go   outside   on easter      but I’m never late  to the resurrection I     don’t believe we’ve made  it this

far     to scar   the grass with  vinegar one April   afternoon too many     drug immunities we eat   

the    bird’s  babies   guzzle the   yellow pulp      and then wonder      when our own sound   will

hatch      of all  that patient     cannibalism I     tuck boss in a   mudpack beneath a drooping    

thicket    and practice    his monologue back    at him limpness     that he is I return    in three days

to  pick   the gnats   and worms from    his muddy flesh and  later add them to   the cake and

potatoes   on his  widow’s menu       they skip no days   of food for the dead       a miracle of evil

you     want  to taste    impunity so badly      you want to feel the consequence     of fake power

in      your belly         I am very generous     about teaching you how   you want to feel until      

you   don’t  want it  anymore  beg away  your desire          I’m not even angry I’m  just very generous

I     practice    the boss’   monologue    feast on your    own dead feast on     your own dead eat

your    own dead        and one bright   necked morning   you’ll see a rooster       and I’ll be

running            no more game      on you escape     is blue escape is spring     lazy eggs

decorating       the new likeness        the new parallel     in hunt in relentless    distance