Sunday, September 5, 2010

Right on, that's what I thought happened

Comment # 1



If 'language is the medium we travel in' -Elizabeth Alexander

'And then they sent me a picture of a black girl with some ashy ankles standing on some money and asked me for lyrics about it' -Kanye West

'And this was the absolute pivot of fame and fortune' -Lester Young

'And comment number 2 is dynamite' -Gil Scott Heron

Yes Yes Yes, I'll do whatever you ask as long as I can do it from this veranda, where I'm brave enough to touch the glass when I sing at its fluctuations. Lazy carols about hope and change. Not lazy at all. Places of moving paralysis. Hubs. Hush harbors. Be quiet. Talk is not language until it lacks itself for a while we just sat on the veranda building cameras and shooting craps, practicing magic, dancing the peacock out of the pelican, and all the captions from then read 'right on, right on'