Sunday, September 26, 2010

Songs that are sung, in the Morning

In Pharaoh City

In Malcolm, State
How come you await catastrophe like it's an opportunity
To be black
Everything is a prop and a brink in the shifting kaleidoscope of tonight
and insignificance
and radiance
and since you've been away,
so long
When I see horses running I disassemble their motion to compare them to one another
I horde unreality
Relative to you, I am home, check the diploma, check the diplomat, things buzz and I move toward them as Ive been trained to be
An exact coincidence with myself, always running into her, we end up in half
we fall into one another's carbon noir holes absolutely
and the rest of humanity seems very remote in comparison
with this man whos company I left but a moment ago,
asleep and unsequenced, I sneaked out into the overture

You broke my memory
You broke my memory
You broke your only-hope
now
is a lie

and sluggishness
and alert
and the letter nowhere
delivered to its most precise absence
guaranteed to punctuate the distance between states of being and places
on the bioscope
with the serene disorientation of a good feeling
I have a good feeling, he's running after me
This is the good forever part
and certainty ( I 'll lead a lush life)
and in the afternoon speeches happen in the streets and play through massive speakers about everything illegal from the train schedule to the perfect circle to all modifications of silence that don't account for ghosts I give this knowing