Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Adequacy of Virgil Tibbs

Is when he slaps the sheriff -- a catalytic mirror made of hustler genes whisks us away to nowhere-- anywhere you wanna go

such that we understand the strife that ensues between two fantasies.

Both in need of some external regulatory force that they also body forth

So I've been trying to find out

that it is unprecedented; that it is infused with the plexed singularity of its fellows

The influx of freedmen

and when the calligraphy of their consciousness remains a secret, a rough privilege

When I watch it I'm so present I'm unavailable, it takes me to a place I recognize coping with, phobia of folk heroes, love of those I fear most-- I can't analyze this

Were they lying about the violence In the Heat of the Night

Was it tender on the side