Thursday, June 14, 2012

The alter-egos softly personified

                     In on it (pandering)

        Irony (birthright)


Charisma in public (charisma is public)
                                   
 Privacy (his quietness)                               not even


                                             Love bracket (lust bracket)



Not sufficiently subtle (not sufficiently cold)


        Bare shoulders ( shudder with me--- the whole reason)


Shucks (jive)


My ignorance was almost saintly (Nigga/home training)



But I've had it (I've got it)              
                                                   this time
   



  I have seen both sides ( I am both sides)



                         And the glow of youth that spreads about us (but I'm offended when you call it resilient)


And the thrill is gone (with liberty and justice for all)



Damn, it returns. In that tension that comes when almost everything is implied, when the best secrets are hiding in plain speak



I mistreated you baby, but I can't see no reason why



You run without moving from a terror you do not believe in, toward a safety in which salvation is a joke, the best you can do is cry for that beautiful lie 

And in  the reprise: someone said they saw you. Being chased by a boy. I said. We were all chasing each other. And I beat everybody. And everybody beat me. It was a tremendous day. And we got home.

That blackness in your heart, that's the greatest industrial experience that I have ever had.