Friday, June 15, 2012

The exact solidarity of eras

They won't exploit me, I promise
The merciless kind of love is truest
You tell your mom
To calm down
To watch some of the movies you watched in college
8 and a half an eighth/where it's more profound as simulation and you can tell the winner cause they turn him inside out and he remains beautiful, gets even more so. The stunt is hope. The pipe is hope. The crack in the pipe is hope. When they ask you to play yourself in the film about your life, there's hope. When you refuse there's a lowdown alley cat preying on you and you write him out the script just like that. Sometimes it's safer to be obvious and all you sacrifice is when they ask/I promise.  When the drive-in re-opens. When there's a sicilian tornado overhead. And It's romantic. Dread is romantic. Maybe Cicely Tyson was too steadfast. Maybe I'm the one who will get him to quit. You think. You think Don Cheadle will make a good Miles Davis? You think we know how to play ourselves yet? Shit, I hope so. I wanna try bye bye blackbird
  backwards
                                                          for a while
     and get my habit back