Saturday, March 4, 2017

And sing a sorrow song so tough

 Everybody's  brother    bent over  in Korea    whispered  Jeremiah  at the bloodlined  earth   and came back with a    better  ride     Is that a cow's   ass      or are you   just   happy to see   me      turn  up the volume   on   Miles'   Solea   at the place  where the intensity   gets  unbearable     warm  shards  of   indifferent     air        round    the   delirious   bend   in your   soul     that has   you   screaming   citizen     big  crowd  of them  loud  motherfuckers   with their   inverse  entitlement    and amplified machines    what   is   an   audience    what does  it really  mean to just   watch  this 

I was singing  to hold  up the world         

And If you only   you   knew   how   lighthearted  that is     how far  past   bitter  how   my incessant joy  is   the  cruelest   thing   in    there is     the  only  belonging  worthy  of   the world   built   on endless grief    this     grin    

                       He shows  up    in,  with   his     clumsy   horse   talking   bout   get in   teeth  like   gates and   patience     and I  know I'm no  longer    dreaming       up   citizens   and   great   jungle flowers  in the garden   of what    might  have been     No longer an American like  that        cured  and   drunk   on   relief      humming  and packing    away  my invisible   strings        


For   a second I wondered how I could ever   have lived here     how anyone  had lived  here 

can you shut up about  lust    and  accept your  nakedness   as  sacred   
as   I   have         can you hold   sacred  the nakedness of  another 

He  laughed  again     and    we  made   the  light