Sunday, July 13, 2014

Aloof in unified time

Dear Dad, 

What if the ecstatic backlash is now. What if I told you of the supreme inadequacies of the Hollywood lean  on me    when you're not strong   as now .  But    When are you not strong  and this afternoon of georgia fawn   and all the lumber distorted by words when it could be shelter what if the  mercy is now  as I ween myself off of mercy it gets so large and encompasses everything worth admitting.  Why can't more men be their own fantasies, and sing so manic lead lanterns flutter in the allegory of the cave   shuts backwards.   What if I told you a rapper with a few kids and few baby moms got me pregnant on a promise    once upon    the propaganda of promises and what he calls himself on dry land   what if I admit it to the black myth at last     and I aborted that kid as fast as I could but she's still  with me   like a phantom  sophistication I can't quite imagine ever being without again.  The kind of power every  poet is hungry for     and resists.  If that's as close to being a mother as I ever come, if the divine feminine all the anarchists strum about has landed in this pantomiming cliche to wonder at  my radiance or my bravery my masochism or my makeshift spasm of responsibility,  to learn on my taste for the daze and how I ain't misbehavin but it ain't nobody's bidness when I do. This story belongs to everybody.  This tiny evidence of every trapdoor :  opening .   This casual  baby.   What does it teach us but how to protect our confidence   in   parallel universes    and invisible planets on this planet.   That tragedy is not the highest form of art,  and how we're all fools when we believe that anything is tragic, and that girl, that black Antigone who outlasts us all  in the dream   every morning I'm giving birth    and the child disappears  and the displaced love   rivals   the value of terror   to   discipline us into our  best denial.  And  what if I find this kind of thing romanic   a way to feel the sham without hiding beneath it. Looking for a new question the way you taught us to that night you ran into the fire and came out clean having memorized the blank dimension. All my antics are in admiration of that fire and water plans itself in the break. 

Yours with love, 

Harmony