Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sharper Now

In the power of the image of power      I purse my lips  and the lights fade        to   a   source of patience          the mint brigade      brigade     brimming   with     the rage of a source   and penitence and remorse    both   foolish    both    lazy   and lavish    both ways   now   chase one another in the power   of the image    of   power    I trace my lips with my middle    finger and the symbol whispers screams  

lentement     the French onyx way to   say slowly       really says    holding back   retrieving dignity through the discipline of the so antisocial refusal of it       an erotics of denial   and     sin         and denial of   sin.     I love to sin.   Like the time   I pretended  the music   was a vat of my daddy's blood and    swam   in   until I   remembered    the pot was on          water smoldering  to   mean rust       like the time    I  shrugged   off the fantasy  and it came back   real   like the time      I       planned the reason and it came   back   matted   in my belly    almost immaculate       I'm trying to figure out what I'm talking   about    too       the muted muscle of  logic   flexes   a legible blues    like the time I felt my own   conception   happening       as    it was happening            watching my parents   from the     crack    in the    atmosphere        how   I came here to save   them     through the kind of understanding   the shield   leverages when the    sun in    silent