Monday, July 7, 2014

Smoking Dope

Even the lantern I hold up to the jutted flame is vicarious,
I mean if I don't do this shit why do I understand it so well   casually like a game     find the damned so glamorous
and all the fiends heroic     at least the talented ones             like mammies and jazz, mundane obscenities    that spasm of our common myth, that's all the laughter   and  shatter  I can lift in     and live         How talent invents trouble because we get bored with the thwarted neurotic trill  of elsewhere      and conform to that boredom  as cowards   and  loud capital      and that's      what trouble is,    a certain  sound in the feeling     having conformed to boredom to stump the soul   a sudden mutation cattle run  not like revolution,  not courageous enough to bluff in circles       but like   space travel ,  quantum     how our values      make the   money   sad    and profuse   as a user    settling  his millions    into the trunk of my father's better corvette   and    letting   me watch   my father get in,  hostage to his opinion of what's    happening       again           and drive into the ocean   of my   style     this is   my style afterall,   my form — the seedy   and shy way we   take to  the edge   all lazily   and intentional       show  out      grow   a habit  to shout about    the way I'm addicted to men     at last    to the power of speaking    that longing that always grabs for a new name    can celebrate   the   playful retina   between experience   and   dream   the way  I    mean to celebrate     the fancy wreckage   of   all our  flashbacks     to              have  mercy on my     shadow     dear lord       I     believe     you    have broken titles   and ties    with  the cold safety of omniscience       to     patrol the unknown for royal niggas      mutter our names on royalty checks   like a series of insults   until   we get     it       whole,         and         teach   us to shrug like angels        That's one theory