Thursday, July 3, 2014

Medicine for Soft Times


Turns out all my heroes beat their wives. How redundant. And my anti-heroes shove them into the footwork like diabetic soldiers. My circulation craves the wine of I told you so but I'm uncoerced and free to shudder the levels of mistress all over the court   ship     ships have always been difficult for us   and the water they lean on and what's all the fuss about the love of boys   who could have been men      there is no weakness associated with this    just excellent nostalgia   that almost French kind of lime glimmer in a grey corridor of shiny niggas    ah  that word binds itself to hope  in my every nursery   does that sign really say    service meat     is there a new dimension of food   we can't yet  see  but  as blood and beauty 

Daft   patches of dimes in the iris   shyest dancer    actually the boldest when the lights blur whys   and wise       First Amiri Baraka died.   Then my grandfather. Then Bobby Womack. Then Horace Silver.    Then the land.    Then the fantasy of the land.  Then the lamb in the hybrid   jesus idea.    Then the idea itself. Wide   is that belt they would whip out   wide as we could ever spread our perfect legs    rough as the empty tire swing in my   inkling of   home   with my other king and my other king      I think suffering is finally the only joke      the thing my incident woke   up / too    another black comedian with a gun and a loose child     this one adopted      this   one napoleon   this one   with a time fetish   this one    with a couple of drums locked in the basement   this one  who loves   to wait   for the night  to strike its most intimate dice pose   and clap alone til it grows into morning  

I'm not saying these are soft times but Imma find me        some medicine  I'm not saying I lost mine    but Imma find my    men again,  even the liars    keeled over the fetal bodies of their forgotten widows lobbying for silence     can be recovered     like an herb    I'm finally going into to the forest with someone who's been the forest    and I'm finally the one who's going into the forest and the one who's been